This scheme was launched to encourage homeowners to improve the energy efficiency in their homes. By participating in this scheme you will ultimately save a lot of money on your energy bills. You will also be helping contribute towards a much greener environment.
The SEAI recently celebrated a quarter of a million homes having used the Better Energy Scheme.
1. You need to determine exactly what you want done, insulation, external, internal etc.? If you are unsure what you need done, call us today, we will be happy to advice and do a quote.
2. Next you need to get in touch with us to let us know what work you need done.
3. Apply for your grant. Click here for more information on how to do this http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Better_energy_homes/home...
4. You will hear back if you are approved / not approved.
5. Once approved, you get the work carried out by our professional team.
6. Afterwards, you get your Building Energy Rating Certificate. This indicates the energy performance of your house. Click here to find out more http://www.seai.ie/Your_Building/BER/
7. You then submit this back to SEAI.
They pay you the money into your account.
There are fixed amounts for the grants, regardless of the size of the home. Please see latest figures from www.seai.ie
There is a minimum spend of €400 for this grant.
The grant is only eligible for houses built before 2006.
Your grant must be approved before you begin work on the home, NOT afterwards.
You must have all work carried out by an SEAI approved registered contractor.
The work must be carried out within 6 months of grant approval.
The grant covers Roof / Wall Insulation, Energy Efficient Boiler upgrades. It also includes solar panels.
SEAI Ireland http://www.seai.ie/